Acision release a series of white papers on Mobile Broadband20 August 2009
Acision, the world’s leading messaging company, today announced the release of two whitepapers on mobile broadband service, titled The Rise of Mobile Broadband, which offers insight into mobile broadband’s success and the reasons why it is here to stay, and Maximizing Profit Per Megabyte, which explores how broadband is changing the mobile operator business paradigm. The whitepapers are designed to guide operators and service providers in addressing the phenomenal growth and demand for mobile broadband services.
“Mobile broadband is poised to generate huge volumes and revenues that will undoubtedly make it the next leading mobile data service in the near future,” said Steven van Zanen, head of mobile broadband, Acision. “However, today mobile broadband puts pressure on network resources as never encountered by mobile operators before. To measure mobile broadband performance, operators need to move beyond traditional ARPU calculations and look to Profit Per Megabyte as a leading business indicator of its success.
“To maximize Profit Per Megabyte, operators need to aggressively gain control of their cost centres and manage quality of experience, especially when related to the unprecedented levels of network traffic. In addition to this, operators need to create high value, differentiated offerings that drive mass market adoption. Operators risk massive customer dissatisfaction, network congestion problems and deteriorating Profit Per Megabyte if this doesn’t take place.”
The Rise and Rise of Mobile Broadband white paper can be downloaded here and includes insight on:
- Mobile broadband subscription forecasts
- Device capability and the future of mobile broadband devices
- Content accessibility and the future of content use
- Network availability and the future of mobile broadband networks
- Pricing transparency and future pricing models
- The major challenges facing mobile broadband
Maximizing Profit Per Megabyte can be downloaded here and includes:
- The rise of mobile broadband
- Understanding the obstacles towards profitability in the broadband market
- Establishing Profit Per Megabyte – building the mobile broadband business case
- Essential mobile operator capabilities
- hAcision’s outlook for the future of mobile broadband
If you would like any further information or would like to speak to a Acision spokesperson on any of the points raised, please contact Hotwire on +44 (0)207 6074677.